Search This Blog

Aug 21, 2007

David Beckham's blogging thing!

The soccer stud is regularly reaching out to his fans, almost twice a week.

David just posted the following message on his official blog:

“TUESDAY AUG 21

After playing for an hour against D.C. United on Wednesday, it was brilliant to play the full ninety minutes against Red Bull New York, especially as it was my first full MLS game. On top of being given the honour of captain again, I managed to set up a few goals, which obviously, was a great feeling even though we were really unfortunate to concede a late goal and lose the game. The atmosphere at the Giants’ stadium was incredible, and there was a huge turnout for the match which really gave us all a fantastic buzz.

I’m not used to the harder ground out here, but being quite stubborn, I was determined to play the whole game and I’m glad that I did.

I’m still getting to know my team mates on the pitch and learning more about the way they play with every game, but I feel I’ve played a part over the past two fixtures and I’m really looking forward to future matches, starting with our derby against Chivas USA.

Whilst I was in New York, I also helped to support a soccer clinic at FC Harlem. The MLS has dedicated a field in Harlem for the team and adidas are providing the team kit for the club too. It was a really positive event and I enjoyed working and playing with the children there.

I’m currently in the UK training with the England Squad before the friendly with Germany on Wednesday. It was great to be called up and to be part of the set up is always an honour. Hopefully, I’ll get to play a part against Germany and if I do I’ll let you know how it goes here!

Speak to you soon.

David”

No comments:

Post a Comment