Search This Blog

Aug 19, 2007

Kate's Not All Tea And Crumpets

Kate Beckinsale was out and about with her little Lily in Santa Monica yesterday. Looks like Lily is still making her way through that Harry Potter book we saw her with last month - or maybe she's letting her mom have a turn with it when she's not kicking butt on the set. Thanks to Underworld, Kate has made a name for herself as a action star, and she recently explained what made her take on the role in the first place. She said,


"This is still a complete riot to me that anyone lets me be in an action movie. Before I did Underworld, every time I walked into a room I would think there was a whiff of crumpets and fine china. If the character was a cop or whatever, it was, 'No, Kate's from England.' "So I just wanted to do something with a little bit more edge and then it took off a little bit more than I thought it would."

It's very cool that Kate is changing the stereotype of what a proper British woman should be like. Luckily, she's also got J.K. Rowling kicking butt in the publishing industry to help support the cause.

No comments:

Post a Comment