Search This Blog

Aug 12, 2007

American Idol hopeful goes into labor during audition


At the auditions for American Idol 7 in Dallas, a woman went into labor while singing for producers during an early round.

According to the contestant, Antoria Gillon:

“I kept singing. One of the judges gave me her seat! I told her I had been there all day, and nothing was going to stop me from singing. I hadn’t been there all day for nothing!”

When she finally made it into the audition room, her right hand was shaking as she grasped her bulging belly but continued to belt out tunes.

“I gave it my all through the contractions. They were back to back and getting harder and harder but I was more than willing to have my baby right there,” Gillon said. “I wasn’t leaving without my golden ticket to the next round.”

Her decision to finish before going to the hospital paid off: Producers “gave me a golden ticket to the next round! It’s in September, so I’ll be ready to sing.

On a side note, she named her newborn Jamil Labarron Idol McCowan.

http://www.damnimcute.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment